Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super-Duper Tuesday



I hope everyone voted on Tuesday. I didn't get to the high school to vote until 7:00 pm. I knew it was going to be crowded at the school and the parking lot was INSANE. When I got into the school I found out it was going to be an hour-long wait. Yikes! Fortunately, I found a few friends to chat with as we crawled ever closer to the voting booths.

I'm so grateful that people are willing to volunteer to help us vote. What I think needed better planning in my voting district was how many voting volunteers were needed. After waiting in line for over an hour, I got to a table where one woman had me sign my name, another woman gave me my card to vote on, and a third woman wrote my entire name out in pencil, in long hand, in some blue book. It took 2 to 3 minutes to process one person. Voting took all of 15 seconds.

I'm glad I did it. I'm just sorry I didn't bring a book to read while I waited.

So, are you happy with how the voting turned out?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails