fair & rodeo festivities. It was the big hurrah of the summer. I still love parades.
I've always been a bit of a late bloomer. I'm just now getting around to my summer plans when it is nearly July. I like things to sit and percolate in my mind a bit before I make some big decisions. I want plenty of time to survey my options. Get the lay of the land. Anticipate the curves ahead. Then finally make a decision. Here is my list for the summer of 2010:
- Teach my three nephews to cook 10 basic meals
- Hike to Stewart Falls
- Hike Rock Canyon
- Do some gardening (even if all it amounts to is pulling weeds and admiring my dad's garden and praising my sister's garden)
- Learn how to utilize my CSA share of vegetables
- Attend 2 family reunions
- Play in the water
- Lay on the grass and read books
- Soak in the sunshine
- Take a class
- Finally take some of the n&ns to Golden Spike National Monument
- Go at least 3 times to Thanksgiving Point Gardens
- Go to Timpanogos Storytelling Festival
- Attend a Scera Shell play
- Go to Hale Center Theater
- Take a road trip
It's an ambitious list. For the most part, I'm excited if I get to spend 20 minutes outside most days. I want this summer to be different. I want to enjoy every moment presented to me. I want "live deep and suck out all the marrow of life" and for me that tends to mean venturing further than the tidy comfort zone I usually inhabit.
How about you? What are your plans for the summer?