Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

October 2009 Highlights

I've missed so many events the last few months. So many stories and memories that I want to remember. Here are some highlights from October 2009.


School Lunch
Cute Noah and Gaby asked me to be their visitor for lunch at school on the designated visitor day. I haven't been in a school lunch room in a really, really long time but I loved every second of hanging out with them. We saw many neighbors and friends and even cousins at lunch. Afterwards, we went to the school library with all 900 other visitors to play "Sardines" in the tiny school library that was chock full of delectable items for the book fair. We bought a few things at the book fair and I kissed everyone goodbye and went on my way. I love these kiddos!


Noah's smile cracks me up. Lunch was pizza and chocolate milk.




We found the cousins and got a photo.


Birthday

My birthday this year was great. Meg and I spent the day cooking from a new cookbook she gave me and Katy and I went on a hike and then we came back to Meg's and watched an Austen movie while we gave each other foot massages. The next day we celebrated with the whole family at Sunday dinner at Ric and Tami's house.




Meggie just a few days away from delivery



Cassie and Katy on hand to celebrate



Me with baby girl



This was the chocolate cake that Meg and I made. Loved the marshmallow frosting. It was all gluten-free, made with almond flour and agave nectar. The best part was the family loved it and ate every last drop.



Baby Mac Birth

I posted my version of this story a couple of months ago. I have more photos of this event but per strict instruction, I am not allowed to post them. At one point in the birth Meg looked at me and said "These are not going on your blog!"

The one official photo shortly after we arrived a the hospital



Visit to Baby Cole and Family

We had the chance to make a quick day trip down to St. George to see Brock and Julie's new baby. It really was a quick drive with Dad's plan of leaving at 5:00AM. He drove while the rest of us slept and magically we arrived at their doorstep at 9:30AM. Then we spent the day with the family before driving home that night.

Cassie in the chair that everyone knows about who regularly drives to St. George.


Brock playing with Mason's new toy from Nana and Papa. Let's just say that Mason definitely has a buddy who liked his new toy.



Sweet baby Cole just a couple of weeks old. He was tiny! I was afraid I might break him. Luckily shortly after this trip he really caught on to the mama's milk idea and he chunked up to a delicious state of baby yumminess by the time he made his first trip to Nana's house.



Lunch for the whole crew. You can just see Mason's red shirt behind Julie as he climbed over the booth away from us. That boy does not sit still.



The Brock and Julie clan. Love our St. Georgians!



Sunday Afternoon

This was a Sunday afternoon when the kids most needed a chance to get outside and out of mama's hair so she and the new baby could rest. You can see that October was mild and beautiful, so we had ourselves a nice walk around the neighborhood.



Of course, the crowning point of the walk is to stop at the cousin's house and play for a little while. Which worked out great for me as it gave Cissy and me the chance to have a nice, leisurely chat.



And then back home to take this wee one off his mama's hands and hold and snuggle him for a blissful hour.


I had too many photos of Halloween to include them in this recap. Between birthday and new babies though, October was full of fun.

2 comments:

Megan said...

much thanks for not posting said photos. Your blog readers thank you too.

And that cake was good. We should make it again.

Mary Jane said...

One of my kids (I can't remember which one) was looking at the photos with me and the picture of Megan in hospital bed and Cassie in the chair were on the screen. They wanted to know who Spencer was. I said it was her husband. They thought Megan was Cassie and they were a little concerned that Cassie was having a baby!! I can't believe that boy thought Megan was Cassie's mom! I thought for sure he would have said, "I didn't know you're a twin!!" Thanks for the pictures. It helps me feel part of your lives :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails