Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Looking Back . . . Then Forward

Last year was a tough year in many ways. Hard things to face and hard things to do. It is painful to confront trouble, deal with it, parcel out the good from the bad and re-orient your perspective so you remember and learn from it all. The year 2010 was one of sifting and sifting and sifting through the chaff and the riff raff to find the gold.

Maybe because of that pain and trouble, things feel especially sweet this year. A couple of really good things have happened in the lives of my friends and family this year. Things that make me want to do a happy dance for them. Just regular things like health, good jobs, and happy accomplishments, but things made all the sweeter because I've learned to treasure and hold the golden things wrapped close to my body, close to my ear, close to my heart and listen for the whispers of relief, the shouts of joy and the silence of peace.

"And men are, that they might have joy." (2 Nephi 2:25)

1 comment:

HDH. said...

2010 will definitely go into my personal annals as the worst year ever. Sorry to hear yours was too (and, had my own not caused severe myopia, I might have known about yours... but, alas, I was thinking only of myself). Here's to a 2011 upswing!

HDH.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails