Pages

Monday, January 28, 2008

Farewell to a Prophet


I heard the news last night after Sunday dinner when my family was gathered around chatting. I was shocked. I guess I shouldn't have been considering he was 97 years old, but President Hinckley was so full of vitality and humor that I was hoping he would make it to 100 years old.

I'm happy he is with his sweet wife again. I think he must be thrilled to see his mother, who died when he was in college, and his father, who was his hero.

One of my brothers said last night, "I'm not ready for this era to end."

I'm not either.

UPDATE: Excellent article from Newsweek on the succession of prophets in our Church. The reporter explains in detail the process and is very thorough and precise.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails