My head is full of things that I'm working on, thinking about and planning for and I can't seem to decide on just one to write about. So, here are some snippets.
- I've really got to study for a test. This is numero uno right now. Anyone want to quiz me on the different types of marriage enrichment approaches in the field?
- Just had a successful FHE with some friends and family. I love hosting parties--especially when my house is so clean that one of the small guests could take an impromptu bath. (Why, you ask? Why do most two year olds in potty training need such a chance?)
- My CD collection just got reorganized. There is something so clean, cool and smooth about every case aligned with precision. And I love, love, love the label maker I borrowed so I could label each category. (Now for the new iPod to load them all on!) I think my birthright of organization and cleanliness might finally be entering its full stage of flowering.
- I'm still trying to do this allergy-free diet for two months. It's not the dairy, sugar, and wheat that is killing me as much as the corn, potatoes, and citrus. It seems I'm always wanting to sprinkle mozarella on something, dig into the mashed potatoes on Sunday or use some lemon in a recipe. And once one piece of the pyramid falls, the rest just comes tumbling down.
- Yes, I'm listening to Christmas music and no, I don't feel guilty about it. One of the radio stations in town starts playing Christmas music on November 1st and I'm a big fan of this tradition. I don't think it takes away from my enjoyment or love of Thanksgiving either, but it certainly puts me in the mood for apple cider, snow days and gift giving. Hurray for another Christmas season.
- I still wish I played the piano with flawless skill. That and fluency in the French language are the goals I'm wishing I could accomplish.
- I've been cleaning and reorganizing my life like crazy the past month or so. There is something so deeply, deeply refreshing about purging files, tossing old, worn items and knowing where every single piece of paper in my household is located. I am ever addicted to the concept of organization. The practice of it continues to need improvement.
- The twin of organization must be preparation. Once again in my life, I prove to fluctuate wildly between ever prepared to never prepared. My anxiety levels would lurch into a complete stall if I could somehow magically figure out how to meet every deadline two days before it actually occurs. That this could be an actual reality? Well, let me dream, people, let me dream.
- My collection of 937 healthy recipes continues to grow despite the crockpot chicken that went askew this weekend and the veggie frittata that tasted more like caca. Somewhere in there though I made a spinach turkey burger that knocked my socks off. And yes, I will be sharing my variation of this very soon.
- I accidentally gave away a pair of pants I actually wear when I donated a bunch of items the other day. Which only means besides the other clothes shopping I need to do, I will be buying a pair of pants. It is yet to be determined how long I can put off this inglorious task.
And finally, a snapshot to leave you with on this bright and beautiful Tuesday. This is a photo I came across in a recent hunt through the family photo archives that just makes me smile. Mostly because of the chubby little blonde number on the the right side with the absolutely scrumptious cheeks. This was from an autumn day a few years back. Maybe you can guess how many.