Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Wonder

This event needs to be noted for posterity--or just for me. Miracles do occur, my friends and this is one of them.

I needed to make an early morning stats lab today and I had to be on campus before 8AM if I was going to make it.

So, I got up at 5AM, went to the gym, came home and showered, had breakfast, loaded the dishwasher, threw in a load of laundry, studied scriptures, then did the full hair and makeup routine, packed a bag with lunch and dinner and made it out the door by 7:30AM. I stopped for gas, got on campus, parked and made it to the lab at 7:50AM--a entire ten minutes before I was due.

And then I sat there, literally, stunned. Have I ever been on campus before 8AM in full hair and makeup, well-rested from a full night's sleep, having exercised and studied scriptures and with a bag packed with meals for a full day?

I do not think so. My usual state that early would have been groggy from lack of sleep or dressed haphazardly with hair pulled back in a ponytail and no makeup. I certainly would not have exercised and studied scriptures. And to arrive ten minutes early as well? The universe was smiling on me today.

Like I said, just wanted to note this for posterity sake.

Okay, and maybe acknowledge that every once in a while, I get it right. So right, that it seems aliens have inhabited my body.

3 comments:

manders said...

i don't believe i've ever had such an experience. i don't function before 8 am! he he he. congrats on your very productive morning!

Eric and Rozanne said...

Way to go! I wish I had more mornings like that. I love it when things go exactly as planned and I'm that well prepared. I know I'd definitely want to note it for posterity if and when that happens to me. :)

HDH. said...

You, and your resident alien, are rad.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails