Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Ladies at Lunch

A week ago, my mom invited my sisters and sisters-in-law to lunch at a new restaurant in town called La Jolla Groves. We went on a Thursday afternoon when the place was bustling and full of women, women, women. It was a beautiful, sunshine-filled spot with a delectable menu full of scrumptious selections. It seemed everyone was in bright colors and had big smiles. It was just a lovely afternoon. If I was a lady of leisure it is something I would want to do every week--enjoy an excellent lunch with good friends.

After lunch was over, I was the first to leave and as I walked out, I realized just how much I love all the women at that table. These are good women, filled with light, hard workers who make careful, deliberate decisions about family, home, education, ambition and future. These are women who love deeply and care whole-heartedly about their husbands, children, family and friends. They are accomplished, educated women with bright minds and immense talents. They are women who pray and serve and study the gospel. They have a vast array of gifts and skills and interests and yet they take the time to come together as family to help and bless each other. I feel so, so lucky to have them in my life.

I have two native sisters of my own who I love and adore and the sisters-in-law add a bevy of beautiful, gifted women that make me feel like they all have my back. I know that we had lunch in a gorgeous location with linen napkins and marble floors and I appreciated that beauty. But the joy that welled up inside of me came because of the goodness of these women who I sat and ate with, who I share my life with, who I've spent countless hours with at the family dinner table on Sundays. I've watched them all work and love and pray through good times and bad ones. They are good and fine people and I feel lucky to know them.

Thank you to my sisters, my friends.

3 comments:

Eric and Rozanne said...

I'm so jealous that you all live so close. I long for that type of sisterhood with my mom and sisters and sis-in-laws, but we are all just too spread out. What a blessing to be surrounded by such a group of good women especially those who are part of your family.

The Ashtons said...

Lovely post, Eden! I think you are all fabulous too.

HDH. said...

I agree!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails