Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Shoulders and Hands and Hearts to the Wheel

Work is always a spiritual necessity even if, for some, work is not an economic necessity. Elder Neal A. Maxwell, Ensign, May 1998, "Put Your Shoulder to the Wheel"
This seems to be a topic consuming my mind lately as I struggle with work that needs to be done and my own shrinking from such work. There is school work and house work and family work and career work and church work and mundane work and there seems to be an endless supply of work to do wherever I look. I'm not saying that is discouraging. Really, it is actually invigorating. What is discouraging is that I still have so much to learn about how to work, what is the best work and even when to not work or when to relax.

Today this thought is encouraging because even with my challenges, I'm grateful to have the energy to want to work and to learn how to work better. Today I'm grateful that I can use my muscles and my brain and my heart and my spirit to work. And that I can come out at the end of the day better spiritually and physically and in so many other ways because I worked.

Good luck with your work today too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails