Pages

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Why I'll Be Eating Roast Chicken Soon

My life has taken on a new hue of unbridled excitement. The Internet has returned to my home to grace me with its presence. Bless you Internet. I love you. I've missed you. I now know what I do without you. That list includes whining, moaning, groaning and complaining every nanosecond that you are away from me. And I've become very, very accomplished at this list. 

I've done things in the past 24 hours at home that I have not done in a month like look up phone numbers, print recipes (finally I can try out that new roast chicken recipe), write on my blog, read my favorite blogs and even listen to music. You know, normal stuff. Stuff that I've taken for granted in the past. Stuff that revolves around a little ethernet cable, a wireless G router, and a certain kind of magic that I truly appreciate. And I can do all of it again in the comfort of my favorite yellow chair or sitting at my writing desk while I watch the snow fall in big, fat flakes outside my window. 

Santa just dropped off his first gift of the season this year and it came with that cherry on top that I asked for a few days ago. Yes!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails