Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

RECIPE: Elana's Rosemary Apple Chicken

This recipe has become a recent favorite in the last few months. It is a simple, quick recipe to prepare and then you let it roast in the oven for 1 1/2 hours and it will come out smelling salty sweet and will be tender and juicy. Every time I've made it I nearly swoon from excitement as the smell permeates my house. For me, it is the kind of recipe that makes the centerpiece of a great meal when paired with a big salad or roasted veggies. I've served it to friends and family and it is the kind of go-to recipe to have on for times when you take food to neighbors and friends.

And the best part is it takes all of five minutes to put together.

Once again, this is Elana's recipe over at elanaspantry.com. I certainly am inspired regularly by her and feel so, so lucky to have her as a food mentor right now. You may feel lucky too once you try this.


from Elana at elanaspantry.com

1 chicken (2 to 3 pounds)
¼ cup grapeseed oil
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon celtic sea salt
4 apples, cored and sliced
4 sprigs rosemary

  1. Rinse the chicken, pat dry with a paper towel and place in a 9×12 inch glass baking dish
  2. Drizzle with oil and vinegar, then sprinkle with salt
  3. Arrange the apples around the chicken in the baking dish
  4. Place the sprigs of rosemary under the chicken
  5. Bake at 350° for 90 minutes, until browned on the outside
  6. Serve

Serves 6

1 comment:

HDH. said...

I'm more than "for" healthy eating, but I think there's a good chance that I'd faint at your grocery bill. Almond mozzerella? Grapeseed oil? (Just to name a few.) If I ate like you do, I'd be super healthy... but living under a bridge. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails