Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

RECIPE: Goddess Divine


I really have to start taking photos of food when I cook. I think it would help me explain why I love certain recipes so much. Then we could drool over that recipe together.

In the meantime, I found a picture of an avocado. Hmmmmm. Avocados. I LOVE THEM. If I could have avocados fed to me intravenously, I would do it. If I could grow avocados where I live, I would do it. Avocado trees in my backyard might even convince me to move to California. Have I mentioned that I like avocados? Avocados are the reason I like this next recipe so much.
It is an absolutely gorgeous salad dressing called Green Goddess Dressing and I got it from elanaspantry.com--you know, my favorite food blogger.
This dressing is so scrumptious. I made it last week for the first time and took it to Sunday family dinner with a chef salad made of romaine lettuce, chopped, hard-boiled eggs, crumbled bacon, toasted sliced almonds, garden cherry tomatoes and cucumbers. The dressing was the perfect finish.

There was enough dressing left over that I took it home and proceeded to eat it every day for the next five days. I had a bunch of fresh spinach so I threw together a salad every single day just so I could see if the Green Goddess Dressing would still taste as spectacular and you know what? It did!


I've never been much of a salad dressing fan (or a salad fan--I mean, let's be honest) once I discovered that drowning my salad in ranch dressing was not necessarily a healthy habit. So, when ranch dressing flew the coop, so did most of my salad fantasies (has any one ever put those two words together? salad and fantasy?) But now all of my salad dreams have come true again! Because this week I've been eating more salad than ever and liberally applying this new dressing and you know what the best part is? I don't even feel guilty about it.


Yeah, yeah, you go ahead and tell me how much fat there is in avocados and olive oil. I say pffffffft. It's healthy fat. Or at least healthier fat than buying deep-fat fried french fries drowned in fried mustard dressing and coated with melted cheese and and onions. Which is likely what I would be eating if I couldn't get my fix with this dressing.


So, go ahead, my friends, read, make and ENJOY. And don't blame me if your own salad fantasies start to take over your brain.

RECIPE: Green Goddess Dressing
from Elana's Pantry


1 avocado
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon herbes de provence
1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
3-5 drops stevia
1 cup water

  1. Place all ingredients in a Vitamix
  2. Process on high speed until smooth and creamy
  3. Pour over your favorite salad greens
  4. Store remaining dressing in a glass jar in fridge
  5. Keeps for up to 5 days (if it lasts that long)

    1 comment:

    Lori said...

    yum! i live on salads a lot...that dressing sounds divine! thanks.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails