Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Gems from the Peanut Gallery

G (4 years old) and N (6 years old) have been plying me with questions and observations recently. Here are a few:

N: How old are you?
Me: (Indistinct mumbling. N persists. I finally admit to being over 30 years of age.)
N: Hmm. You are older than my mom. She's only 28. And she has three kids. You don't have any.
Me: Yes. I hadn't realized that.

G and I had a heart-to-heart talk a week ago about why I wasn't married. She seemed deeply interested, so I told her to be on the look out for someone for me to marry. This is her follow-up to that conversation.

G: I been looking for a boy for you, but I not found any. I know lots and lots and lots of boys but none of them are chubby like you.
Me: I see. A problem we didn't discuss. Well, let's just say, I'm interested in lots of boys: skinny, chubby, tall or short. 
G: But I don't know any boys like you. 
Me: (mumbling) Unfortunately, neither do I. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails